« Home

Encourage you to be a barbarian.

I mentioned in my favorite book list "The Barbarian Way" by Erwin McManus. I read this book some time ago.
Keep in mind I'm an "ole" gal and have been churched for some time. This book set me free. Actually, it just confirmed to me that I was already free-just not crazy! It's ok to be free. I don't have to be "churched."

I was reading a quote by McManus concerning this book. He says, "My goal is to destroy Christianity as a world religion and be a recatalyst for the movement of Jesus Christ." He continued, "some people are upset with me because it sounds like I'm anti-Christian. I think they might be right."

One of his published quotes included in the marketing kit for his book reads, "the greatest enemy to the movement of Jesus Christ is Christianity."

I' ve read this book dozens of times. When I feel myself slipping into domestic Christology, I read it again and can sense the rebellion against the usual and status-quo growing in my spirit.

I've purchased many copies and passed it out to my babies in the kingdom.
Selah
Philippians4 Girl